We are offering a 100% substitute position as a School Librarian from 06.12.21 to 02.12.22.
- Operate and manage a student-friendly school library in collaboration with teaching staff and students
- Facilitate library lessons, read-alouds, book talks, workshops for classes/ students
- Provide student supervision, appropriate Information Literacy Skills instruction and other instruction in support of the instructional goals of the school
- Partner with the teaching staff in the development of student literacy
- Plan and teach collaborative lessons with classroom teachers
- Establish systems and routines that promote student responsibility
- Consult with teachers regarding curriculum resource needs
- Communicate with students and parents regularly
- Monitor and implement the ThIS Library annual operational plan and annual calendar
- Manage the library budget line
- Order, process, catalogue and renew materials and digital resources for academic support
- Ensure safety procedures are followed
- Model the qualities of a life-long learner as well as the Learner Profile attributes
The working language of the school is English. Both international and Norwegian School Librarians are encouraged to apply.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field required
- Degree in Library Science and/or teaching experience is strongly preferred
- If you are educated outside of Norway, applicants need to provide degree certification documents from NOKUT
- Demonstrated experience building and managing library collections or working with automated library systems
- Current police record check (politiattest) must be provided if offered a position
- Knowledge about the IB programs is preferred, but not required
- International work experience is desired, but not required
- Fluent in English
We are looking for an internationally-minded School Librarian that is willing to contribute to an active school community, with a collaborative and open-minded approach.
The school provides both internal and external professional development opportunities for all staff.
Salary is according to the KS salary table and pension according to the school’s local Working Conditions Agreement.
Send your CV and a cover letter explaining your interest and eligibility to work at our school to firstname.lastname@example.org / phone 73514800.
Closing date for applications: As soon as possible.
Applicants with qualifications and authorisations from abroad must apply for recognition to NOKUT (the Norwegian Agency for Quality Assurance in Education).
Festningsgata 2, 7014 Trondheim NORWAY
+47 934 55 852
+47 73 51 48 00
Organisation number : 886847262
Office: 08:00 - 15:00
SFO : 07:30 - 08:20
13:30 - 16:3O