We are searching for ambitious and generous assistant Head of School.
The Board at Trondheim International School (ThIS) has decided to create a new position as assistant Head of School.
At ThIS, there is a vacancy for a 100% permanent position as Assistant Head of School, from 01.08.2021.
ThIS is an authorized International Baccalaureate World School with 200 students from 6 to 16 years (1-10 grade) and 40 employees. The school represents 44 different nationalities and 38 languages. Our vision is to create global citizens; Building global citizens
ThIS is a non-profit independent school; 85 percent government funded and 15 percent school fee. The school is centrally located at Kristiansten Festning, in Festningsgata 2, Trondheim.
Trondheim international school has an established and good collaboration with Trondheim Municipality, the State Administrator, Abelia / NHO and the other independent schools in the municipality.
The Board of Directors works closely with the administration to realize short and long-term goals in the school’s strategy. A key goal is to meet the demand for more IB school spots in the region.
ThIS is therefore looking for a professionally strong, ambitious and generous Assistant Head of School, who will contribute to the school’s ambition to make a difference and to our vision of creating global citizens.
School Vision: Building Global Citizens
School Mission Statements:
- Head of School’s deputy and strategic sparring partner.
- Part of the school’s management team
- Systematic follow-up of quality in education
- Systematic development of the organization Trondheim International School
- Personnel responsibility
- In collaboration with department heads, lead the pedagogical development work, especially with a focus on the development of the school’s IB programs
- Relevant management education
- Pedagogical education
- Broad administrative and pedagogical experience
- Management experience
- Good oral and written communication skills in Norwegian and English.
The working language is English.
- Experience from International Baccalaureate (IB) desirable
- Experience from international / multicultural education is desirable
- Knowledge of national and international school research
- Experience with and security in relationship work
- You are able to create trust based on openness, respect, clarity and wisdom
- You show humility and loyalty
- You are a robust team builder who is able to engage, motivate and inspire
- You are independent, structured and solution-oriented
- You contribute to the professional community and a good working environment.
- Personal suitability will be emphasized.
- High degree of opportunity to influence the school’s development
- A good working environment and a workplace to be proud of
- A diverse, international and generous school community
- A engaged and dedicated staff
- Professional development
- Wages and working conditions by agreement
- Pension agreement in DnB
Contact person: Agneta Amundsson: email@example.com, mobile +47 924 04 793
Application deadline 01.06.2021
Applicants with qualifications and authorisations from abroad must apply for recognition to NOKUT (the Norwegian Agency for Quality Assurance in Education).
Trondheim International School
Festningsgata 2, 7014 Trondheim NORWAY
+47 934 55 852
+47 73 51 48 00
Organisation number : 886847262
Office: 08:00 - 15:00
SFO : 07:30 - 08:20
13:30 - 16:30