Vacant position: Teacher position
ThIS is offering a temporary 60% position as teacher in Spanish in the Middle Years Program (8.-10.year level) from 01.01.2021 until 31.07.2021.
- Lessons are taught in English. Both international and Norwegian teachers are encouraged to apply.
- Lead learning for every student according to the IB guidelines.
- Assess, evaluate and report on students’ development.
- Establish systems and routines that promote student responsibility.
- Actively promote the school-wide expectations of the students.
- Implement student behavior management practices.
- Intervene with student incidents and communicate to the appropriate member of the school community.
- Follow-up on student-related incidents that have been brought up by students, parents or members of staff.
- Plan varied learning situations to enhance the curriculum (incl. ICT and outdoor experiences).
- Approved Teacher education
- If you are educated outside of Norway, applicants need to provide teacher degree certification documents from NOKUT (a temporary position will be offered until approval is processed).
- International work experience is desired, but not required.
- Current police record check (politiattest) must be provided if offered a position.
- Knowledge about the IB programs is preferred, but not required.
- Fluent in English.
We are looking for an internationally-minded teacher that is willing to contribute to an active school community, with a collaborative and open-minded approach to teaching and learning.
The school provides both internal and external professional development opportunities for all staff members.
Salary is according to the KS salary table and pension according to the school’s local Working Conditions Agreement.
Send your CV and a cover letter explaining your interest and eligibility to work at our school to firstname.lastname@example.org / phone 73514800, no later than 29.11.2020.
Agneta Amundsson, Head of School email@example.com
Applicants with qualifications and authorisations from abroad must apply for recognition to NOKUT (the Norwegian Agency for Quality Assurance in Education).